Friday, November 21, 2014

Media Participation Project

For my media participation project, I volunteered at the CNS studio at UMD. Along with other JOUR200 students, I observed the CNS-TV show Maryland Newline. I observed two shows on October 8th and October 22nd. This was my first time being in a TV studio and observing a show from a staff standpoint. It was a brand new and great experience and I was inspired by my visit.

When I first walked into the studio, I was surprised at how organized and professional the student staff are. When the show started, I can feel the nervousness just by watching the broadcasters speaking in front of the cameras. I was impressed by the broadcasters, as they speak in a very professional yet interesting manner. Even though the broadcaster made a few mistakes during the show, she still managed to overcome her nervousness and continued to broadcast like nothing happened.

Even though we did not help to produce the show, I learned a lot just by observing what everyone was doing and how they work together to produce a show. I think this was a wonderful experience for beginners who are interested in TV production. Observing a TV show from such a close view encouraged my interest in TV production, and further, my interest to pursue journalism as a career. Through my time here at UMD, I hope to become a professional broadcaster through hard work and hands-on experiences.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment