Thursday, December 4, 2014

Media Participation Project

   For my media participation project, I chose to interview a journalist currently working in the field. I chose Stacie Jones, editor-in-chief of the Reading Eagle newspaper, a company based out of Reading, Pennsylvania. I chose the Reading Eagle because it is the local newspaper in my hometown county of Berks County, PA. Additionally, I wrote articles for the Reading Eagle and my editor was Stacie Jones while I was in high school.

   Stacie is in charge of a section of the Reading Eagle called "Voices". This is unique because it is one of the only remaining sections of a newspaper dedicated to teenagers in the United States. The section is run by teens, with high schoolers contributing to all of the articles, fiction-pieces, short stories, artwork, and photography in the section. It is a weekly publication that she oversees.

   Stacie taught me a lot about the field of journalism and the opportunities that are out there and available to me. It was also interesting to learn about the path she took to become an editor of a newspaper, and she offered me good advice to help guide me in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment